Private Water Wells
- All areas of the township have no access to public water.
- For these areas, any well driller or contractor can be contracted to do the work. No permit or approval is necessary.
Private On Lot Septic Systems
- All areas of the township have no access to public sewer.
- For these areas, on lot septic systems may be the only option.
- Permits are required and the forms can be obtained from the township building permit officer.
- Approvals and inspections are required and information can be obtained from the sewage enforcement officer (SEO) Peter Homchenko at 814-898-2792.
The Pennsylvania Infrastructure Investment Authority (PENNVEST) has teamed with the Pennsylvania Housing Finance Agency (PHFA) and the Pennsylvania Department of Environmental Protection (DEP) to offer a special funding program for eligible homeowners who do not have access to public sewage and need to repair or replace their individual on-lot sewage disposal system.
To get further information go to www.phfa.org/consumers/homeowners/pennvest.aspx